Monday, July 28, 2008

Movies #209-212

07/27/2008

212. Step Brothers (2008)
In Theaters
If you have seen the red band trailer for this you pretty seen how the majority of the movie is laid out, it doesn't really deviate from that pattern and the movie unfolds as you would expect, the last third of the movie though wrap up extremely nicely and are worth watching the movie for, but you don't really need to rush out to the theater to catch this one, but I did enjoy this one.

07/24/2008

211. The X Files: I Want to Believe (2008)
In Theaters
So to put it mildly this should have just been put on TV as a special and called it a night. This definitely isn't worth spending money on to see in the theater. I've been an X-Files fan since episode one aired (I watched it when it originally aired) and unlike some fans I really enjoyed the other X-Files movie. The scale of this movie is smaller than the majority of the episodes of the series but it's written so poorly that it calls attention to all of it's problems, of which there are many. But I'm not going to waste time and state them because I'm trying to forget that I got duped into seeing this by Chris Carter. Easily the worst film that I've seen in theaters all year (yes, it's a lot worse than Hancock).

Note on that X-Files Poster above: That poster really sucks, so I guess it's saying X marks the spot? STTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD!!!!!!

07/23/2008

210. Roger Dodger (2002)
Off DVR, Shown on IFC (widescreen, uncut)
This movie puts people that I try to avoid at the forefront, also know as, douche bags. This is a nice study of douche bags and how they operate, and the ending tries to give us a ray of hope that inside all the douche bags there is a ray of a real person in there, but that's not how real life works. Lots of pretentious dialogue contained inside.

07/21/2008

209. Samurai Spy (1965)
Off DVR, Shown on IFC (widescreen, uncut)
This is a really well done black and white movie that combines two of my favorite things, samurai's and spy's as the title suggests. This drags a little in the middle and the story gets bogged down some what in explaining the loyalties of all the different masters that all have four syllable names that all mix together at a certain point, but I had fun with this.

No comments: