Sunday, November 11, 2012

October 2012, Movies #222-233

233. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (2012)























Rating: 6/10
Review: The problems with this movie start with the casting of Lincoln, I don't think he fit the part and felt out of place with the physicality needed for the role.  Anthony Mackie is wasted is his role as Lincoln's sidekick also.  Dominic Cooper's part was the most interesting role in the movie and I felt stole the show. 

232. Candyman (1992)
























Rating: 5/10
Review: So I had heard so much over the years about this movie, but I obviously should have watched this when I was a kid because this is just a goofy horror movie. Virginia Madsen in her prime was worth watching the movie.

231. Snow White and The Huntsman (2012)























 Rating: 7/10
Review: I had low expectations for the movie but I did find it to be entertaining despite the origin of the movie and the press drama surrounding the director after the release of the movie.

230. The Hitcher (1986)
 
Rating: 7/10
Review: I wanted to see some Rutger Hauer in still mint Blade Runner condition and he delivers a great psycho performance here that even with the passing of almost 30 years doesn't seem has hammy as other scary movies from the 80's I've been watching recently.

229. Dark Shadows (2012)
























Rating: 6/10
Review: So this movie was misadvertised as a comedy upon release this summer, when it should have been released around Halloween (duh) and should have had an entirely different ad campaign. But overall this was pretty middle of the road, not as bad as I was expecting considering the critical drubbing it got this summer.

228. The Campaign (2012)























Rating: 7.5/10
Review: I really enjoyed this extremely timely movie.  For fans of Will and Zach this is a must see.

227. Cloud Atlas (2012)
























Rating: 9/10
Review: Truly Epic. Not perfect by any means but I was completly in for the entire ride that was presented.  This will find its audience in time.

226.  Argo (2012)
























Rating: 8/10
Review: I really enjoyed this docudrama even though this is one where the conclusion isn't in doubt but it's still an extremely compelling watch.

225. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)
Rating: 7.5/10
Review: This is something I was expecting to be a little more black comedy than it turned out to be (it was more dramatic than I expected) but I still enjoyed the overall film

224. Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)























Rating: 7/10
Review: I really enjoyed this small movie that almost plays like a Duplass film but he's only acting in this one.

223. Rock of Ages (2012)
























Rating: 5/10
Review: I deplore all of the songs in the musical so it's surpising that it even got a 5 from me, but I enjoyed the Russel Brand and Alec Baldwin characters and it was the only saving grace for me. Skip this hard

222. Mansome (2012)
























Rating: 6.5/10
Review: Introspective look at the business and societal changes that surround how the accepted appearance of has changed over time.  Lots of good interviews but I didn't really care for the people with appearance problems that are profiled through the film.

No comments: