Monday, August 25, 2008

Movies #229-233

08/24/2008

232. Death Defying Acts (2007)
Other Means
This is such a weak return to the screen for Catherine Zeta, watching this movie I felt like I wanted an entire movie with Guy Pearce as Houdini in a Houdini movie, not some movie with Catherine Zeta's character that happened to have Houdini in it. Here is a tip to watching this one, if Catherine Zeta or that annoying girl from Antonement (don't get me started on her, she sucks up the movie here like she did in Atonement) are on the screen, fast forward.


233. Pathology (2008)
Other Means
While the movie was trashy like I expected I also expected it to incredibly bad, and it only toes the line from being bad, so I guess this is a decent trash watch, but I'm not recommending it because I was expecting worse.

08/21/2008

231. Tom Dowd & the Language of Music (2003)
Off DVR, Shown on IFC (widescreen, uncut)
This documentary was pretty cool showing the career progression of Tom Dowd, a must see for anyone that is into music history and the evolution of the studio process.

08/20/2008

230. Does Your Soul Have a Cold? (2007)
Off DVR, Shown on IFC (widescreen, uncut)
This documentary was eye opening about Japan because on the last couple years has the word depressed meant anything, and the individual portraits were pretty well done also. Interesting watch if you catch it on IFC.

08/18/2008

229. Kekko Kamen Returns (2004)
Off DVD
This movie was campy but it didn't quite go the extra miles that I was expecting and came off really soft. By the way, the hero of the movie is a topless woman that runs around with only a mask on kicking ass for the disenfranchised.

No comments: