Monday, June 30, 2008

Movies #175-178

06/29/2008

178. Dirty Harry (1971)
Other Means
I was pretty sure I had seen this before, but when I sat down and watched I realized I had only watched multiple segments of this in classes and on TV but I hadn't ever viewed it in it's entirety. Vintage Eastwood and Frisco combine to make this movie still work today.

06/26/2008

177. Wanted (2008)
In Theaters
If you saw the trailer, then you have seen parts of all the action scenes in this movie. While lots of stuff does go boom, I couldn't really see myself watching this again, even for an guilty pleasure viewing. This movie tries to break the action movie cliche boundaries but just ends up sticking to them.

06/25/2008

176. Drillbit Taylor (2008)
Other Means
This has Seth Rogen credited with the story and screenplay so I did have some expectations that weren't really met, I don't think that Owen Wilson was right for this part, this whole movie kind of falls flat and isn't really interesting. But one to note with this movie is that it does feature a strong supporting part from Danny McBride who I reviewed below. Skip this Apatow production and move on, a rare misstep so far.

06/24/2008

175. The Foot Fist Way (2006)
In Theaters
I had been hearing buzz about this movie for awhile because of the lead performance of Danny McBride which had gotten him early casting opportunities in a few of this summer's big movies. Now I really did like this movie, but raised expectations will make this a disappointing view for some people but I feel like this movie will appreciate with more viewings, more so than the buzz that was around Son of Rambo earlier this year. I really like Danny McBride because he isn't really some one who fits into a star mold at all much like Seth Rogen when he first arrived on the Hollywood scene.

No comments: